Thursday, April 29, 2010

Des Moines Wedding Photographer: Nicole Thomas Photography


Great found!
Drake got talent (she is my senior, indirectly)! Her name is Nicole Thomas - drake graduate, Starbucks fan, and most importantly, she loves what she does everyday which evolves around photography.

Here is her approach to photography in her own words:

My approach is simple. I aim to capture the story. I want to capture every fleeting moment as the day unfolds. Photography is an art in the finest sense, and I strive to make sure that all of my clients have not just a new photo to display for the year, but a unique piece of art that you and your family will treasure for years to come.

Nicole, you really live up to your dream. I am inspired by your parents' graduation message to you too! Here goes the message: "find what you love doing, and then do it so well, that no one can take their eyes off of you." And now I am one of them who cannot take my eyes off your art work (beautiful and meaningful photography). Thanks for sharing your works on your online portfolio.

My dear blog readers, let's begin our day with this gorgeous featured wedding from Nicole Thomas Photography!

Happily married couple: Stephanie and Sean
Wedding date: 8-1-2009
Wedding venue: St. Ambrose Cathedral/Catholic Pastoral Center
Catering service: Christiani's Catering

A few notes from the bride:
I am lucky to have such a wonderful husband that was extremely supportive and involved in the wedding planning process; it definitely made our day more special.

A few notes from the groom:
Just sitting back and taking it all in was the highlight for me; I enjoyed every minute. As cheesy as it sounds, if I had to pick one highlight, it would be watching Stephanie in her gown. I could not take my eyes off of her the entire time.


Stephanie and Sean made up a lovely and cute couple, indeed! How nice to have your husband sharing the wedding planning process with you! Bravo!



The angle and artistic value of this picture is stunning. The background/wall looks like a natural photo frame for this picture. Isn't it pretty?

Beautiful church and people = Perfect match!

A different perspective of church interior from the lens of Nicole. Well done!

A traditional church wedding with a modern twist in serving the dessert of the day. It seems like miniature cakes/cupcake trees are gaining their popularity in the wedding trend nowadays. Are you going to have one for your wedding too?

I adore group photo with interesting color coordination (the chromatic effect). I wonder if this is Stephanie's something blue* for the wedding?
*English wedding tradition "something old, something new; something borrowed, something blue; and a silver sixpence in her shoe."

If you like Nicole's style and would like to engage her for your wedding day, you may visit her website and blog to find out more.



Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment